Note: The information within this article is here for your convenience. The best place to get the most up-to-date information regarding your server and licensing is from the OWI Hosting Discord, available here: https://discord.com/invite/ZQyT5Zh
Obtaining a license to operate a Squad server in the standard Server Browser list in-game is a simple process, and allows for much greater exposure of your server to the Squad community. Most servers listed in Custom Servers never get populated (a "populated" server is one that is near full capacity, 80-100 players).
How to get licensed
As an OWI partnered host, we have a unique position to be able to host fully managed and licensed Squad servers for our customers. To apply and obtain a license, follow these steps:
- Join the Official OWI Hosting Discord server (this step isn't required immediately, but OWI does require all gaming communities with licenses to be present on the Discord.)
- Fill out this license application, and select PSG Hosting as the Game Server Provider.
- For Squad Forums Account Name, just enter your Discord name and discriminator, for example: DiscoveryOV#0103. The Squad forums are not currently online, so this is a temporary workaround.
- OWI will reach out to us to confirm, then after that you will be sent a license to the email address you specified in the application.
- Then add this license to the license.cfg file in your server files in our game control panel.
- Restart your server, and that's it; your Squad server will now appear in the Server Browser.
Squad License Administration Guidelines
OWI holds server licensees to a high standard, and expects you to follow these guidelines at all times:
These guidelines are regularly updated, and changes are announced in the OWI Hosting Discord so be sure to visit the server frequently.
Squad Server Licensing Rules
OWI also expects licensees to read and follow this document:
These rules are regularly updated, and changes are announced in the OWI Hosting Discord so be sure to visit the server frequently.
If you have any questions regarding the above, you can reach out to us directly by submitting a ticket or joining our Discord. PSG Hosting is operated by gaming community leaders and two former moderators of the hosting Discord, so we can generally answer most questions. Alternatively, you can also ask your question directly in the OWI Hosting Discord by reacting to this message.
Can I add my server admins to the OWI Hosting Discord so they can also ask questions and stay updated with the latest licensing, game updates, and other Squad info?
Yes, using this channel in the hosting Discord you can request to add up to 5 additional members from your community to have access to the hosting Discord.